Revelstoke Football began in 1895 with the Kootenay Rovers. Since that time the sport of soccer has been embedded firmly in our community and has been one of the largest sports program to date for youth and children in Revelstoke. Just under 400 children and youth participate in our programs every year. We have over 150 volunteers who help to make the youth soccer program a great success.
The Revelstoke Youth Soccer House League accommodates all ages and abilities and its main purpose is to encourage participation, fun and skill development. Boys and girls ages 4 through 13 are under the soccer program direction of the Revelstoke Youth Soccer Association which became a society in 1981. Our season runs from the end of April (weather permitting) to the end of June.
In 2009, thanks to a generous contribution from the Columbia Basin Trust, RYSA was able to create a central location for our soccer program. The Centennial Park fields have become a “Soccer Center” every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday for the children and youth who register for our program. We even run special programs on "Super Soccer Saturdays".
Important Items to Note for Spring House League-
Each player must have Soccer Cleats, Soccer Socks, Shorts, Shin Pads and their own Water Bottle.
Please be aware that Shin Pads are Mandatory and No Jewelry is Allowed.
2021 Spring House League
2021 Spring Season Fees
$60 for U4, U5 and U6 age groups
$120 for U7+ age groups
$50 Volunteer Deposit fee for all ages. This Volunteer Deposit will be refunded upon completion of volunteers hours.
- The RYSA Spring House League is our main soccer season open to children of all abilities ages U4 up to U14. The Spring season is played in May and June each year. For the 2021 season, our anticipated start date is Tuesday May 4th for U7 - U14 players and Wednesday May 5th for U4, U5 and U6 players. These dates are contingent upon the fields being clear and opened by the City of Revelstoke.
- While our entire soccer season of 2020 was cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, RYSA is working hard to plan a safe 2021 Spring soccer season which will follow all of the up-to-date sport restrictions. Making the 2021 season a success will require the cooperation and patience of all players, coaches, organizers and families involved.
- We are expecting the Spring soccer season to run for 8 weeks until June 23rd and 24th, however this season could be altered or cut short at any time due to sport or provincial restrictions. RYSA will keep everyone updated via email, the RYSA website and Facebook.
- The schedule for age groups U4, U5 and U6 should remain very similar to other years schedules however fields may change due to registration numbers. The anticipated schedule is as follows:
- U4 (2017) - Wednesdays 4:00 - 4:45pm
- U5 (2016) - Wednesday 4:00 - 4:45pm
- U6 (2015) - Wednesdays 5:00 - 6:00pm
- The schedule for the age groups U7 to U14 may need to change this year due to field limitations. Soccer cannot have more than 50 people total on one full-sized field. Once registration numbers are complete, RYSA will plan the formal schedule. RYSA must also attend the City of Revelstoke's Field Users meeting in mid-March at which all user-groups discuss their field needs and work out schedules. We hope to have age groups U7 through U14 still play on Tuesday and Thursdays between the hours of 5:00pm and 7:30pm. However, we may need to change days for some age groups this year. Age groups will still be combined to form teams however age group combinations will not be confirmed until registration numbers are finalized.
- 2021 age groupings are as follows:
- 2017 = U4
- 2016 = U5
- 2015 = U6
- 2014 = U7
- 2013 = U8
- 2012 = U9
- 2011 = U10
- 2010 = U11
- 2009 = U12
- 2008 - U13
- 2007 = U14 RYSA has added the U14 age group new this year.